The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (baldeagle, 1 invisible), 122 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,468
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 232
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 232
I finally got the 39 on the road back in July after a full frame off build and I now have about 400 miles on it. From the start I always had a vibration at freeway speed. I havent done much freeway driving lately but I decided to take a longer cruise yesterday. The vibration was still there. Today I decided to check things out. I figured maybe I didnt get one of the wheel bearings seated correctly. First up I checked the drivers side and everything seemed tight so I jacked up the passenger side and there was the movement. I thought OK just need to tighten up the spindle nut a bit. Popped the dust cover and found that the bearing was fine. I finally had my son shake the tire while I was underneath. I found that the top A arm bolt was loose. Now I know I tightened everything up upon initial installation but upon further inspection I found several loose nuts on the suspension. All areas that were loose were areas where rubber or poly bushings were used. I wonder if things loosened up as the bushing compressed or relaxed from use. Any way after tightening no more vibration. Im darn glad I didnt just pass it off as a tire that was a bit out of balance.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
I'm sure all the loosening up is a common thing.. my car and truck both had a lot of loose hardware after the initial shake down runs... but lately, it's all been staying nice and tight!!

My father actually had two control arms fall of of vehicles he had recently bought... so one MUST check out everything before jumping on the freeway...


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0