The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (papas52, carbking), 69 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,292
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#217256 10/08/2006 6:45 AM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 425
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 425
Well, I found what is said to be a rare bird- an original intake manifold mount horn that still works and is not all beat up. I'll find out for sure about that in a few days when i get it, but the seller has an excellent rating, so I don't foresee any problems. I just had to share with someone... I'm happy about having the winning bid. smile

#217257 10/09/2006 10:54 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
Good going! I just bought some used door latches last night. When I get them I'll see if my $20.49 was well spent or not.


1948 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Tuesdays with Morris"
In the Legacy Gallery
Find it - Fix it - Drive it
#217258 10/10/2006 12:44 AM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 439
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 439
Congrats on the purchase!
Any pictures of this 'rare' intake manifold horn? I got a couple laying around.
Thanks.

#217259 10/10/2006 4:24 AM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 483
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 483
I could use an orgional horn for my 53 3100 ,how much and dose it work on the 6 volt system?

#217260 10/10/2006 4:33 AM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
T
Tab Offline
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
I just roll down the window and yell curses....


delete my account and pictures
#217261 10/12/2006 11:27 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 439
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 439
Does the horn look something like the one seen here?
Thanks

#217262 10/13/2006 12:30 AM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 425
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 425
No, Colin, the original horn is longer than that one. Here it is- original

#217263 10/13/2006 1:51 AM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 439
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 439
I appriciate that oldcarandtrucknut.
Thank you.

#217264 10/13/2006 3:10 AM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
Are the truck and car horns the same ? just curious if colin has a car horn.I have the longer horn on my truck,they are plentyful around these parts.


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
#217265 10/13/2006 5:37 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 272
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 272
I think Colin's might be rare a rare horn.


1948 AD Pickup
#217266 10/14/2006 1:04 AM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 439
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 439
:confused:


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0