The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (Charles in CA, dt235sd, jmoore, Jay R, Southerntruck, Flatblu4748, tclederman, 5cameo8, 1 invisible), 72 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,683
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 6
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 6
Hi
I own a '53 Chevy Pickup 1300 Canada Model (Ontario Plant).

The door plate says:

engine number C717382
serial number 3131418474


Is this a 216 ?
How many horsepower ?

It's the only one in germany & nobody has information about it.

I need any information i could get for this model
'cause I want to bring it back on the road after 50 years standing in a barn...
I'm looking forward to your answer

P.S. I also looking for a new water pump-does anyone has an adress ?

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy Leontine, I can't identify the engine by the number, but I'll ask you a question, is your valve cover held down by four screws around the perimeter or two bolts through the center? All the Canadian 1953 Chevrolets I have seen have the full presure lube 235 in them, hope that helps.

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 70
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 70
Does the oil pressure gauge read 0-30 or 0-60 ?
I think if it's a 216 it will only read 30 lbs.

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 6
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 6
@ 3B valve cover with 2 Bolts in through center

@ Shoe oil pressure gauge reads 0-60 .

So 216 or 235 ?

And how many horsepower ?

Thank you

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 707
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 707
It's a Thriftmaster 235 c.i.
It measures 3.5625 x 3.937, has 7.5 - 1 compression and develops 112 bhp @ 3700 rpm.
Max. torque = 200 ft. lbs. @ 2000 rpm


1951 3800

Be the change you want to see.
-hotshoe

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0