| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,681 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 6 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 6 | Hi I own a '53 Chevy Pickup 1300 Canada Model (Ontario Plant).
The door plate says:
engine number C717382 serial number 3131418474
Is this a 216 ? How many horsepower ?
It's the only one in germany & nobody has information about it.
I need any information i could get for this model 'cause I want to bring it back on the road after 50 years standing in a barn... I'm looking forward to your answer
P.S. I also looking for a new water pump-does anyone has an adress ? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy Leontine, I can't identify the engine by the number, but I'll ask you a question, is your valve cover held down by four screws around the perimeter or two bolts through the center? All the Canadian 1953 Chevrolets I have seen have the full presure lube 235 in them, hope that helps. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 70 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 70 | Does the oil pressure gauge read 0-30 or 0-60 ? I think if it's a 216 it will only read 30 lbs. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 6 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 6 | @ 3B valve cover with 2 Bolts in through center
@ Shoe oil pressure gauge reads 0-60 .
So 216 or 235 ?
And how many horsepower ?
Thank you | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 707 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 707 | It's a Thriftmaster 235 c.i. It measures 3.5625 x 3.937, has 7.5 - 1 compression and develops 112 bhp @ 3700 rpm. Max. torque = 200 ft. lbs. @ 2000 rpm 1951 3800 Be the change you want to see. -hotshoe
| | |
| |
| |