The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (78buckshot, Roy Rodgers, Gray_Ghost, 2-Ton), 100 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 127
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 127
Need some help,I have seen teck tip on the installation of door weather stripping & cab windlace. I have done some serches but with no luck,can someone point me in the right direction.
Thanks for any help, Don


Mr.Giant

1953 Chevrolet 3100 in the Gallery
1959 GMC 860 Single Axle Truck Tractor in the Gallery
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 223
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 223
Alan Horvath, has a site with weatherstripping info at http://alanhorvath.com/54chevy/ . As far as the windlace, I just installed it on my '50. The first thing to do is to make sure that all of the channel crimps are straightened out. The channels are basically pounded in at places to hold the windlace. I just used a screw driver and twisted it to remove them. I then started by slipping through the top portion of the door which has two major bends and is the hardest. Pushing and pulling is the key. I did use some lubricant. I then looped the ends back and inserted them at the gaps in the channels near the top of the door and pushed and pulled them to the floor board. Note that the ends of the windlace go under the retainer strips for the bottom cab/door windlace. The strips have cut outs for this. This bottom windlace is glued to the outside edge of the retainer strip so that the little 90 degree inside edge of the windlace sits both on the floorboard and just over the edge to the rocker panel. This causes it to stick out a bit. Look at it all before hand and it should make sense. Good luck.


1950 Chevy 3100
261, 4 speed
Purchased 1977

1964 Pontiac Lemans Convert
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
nice site... lots of good info there


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 127
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 127
Rusty Rod; sent thanks Don


Mr.Giant

1953 Chevrolet 3100 in the Gallery
1959 GMC 860 Single Axle Truck Tractor in the Gallery
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 100
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 100
Since I had removed the door windlace retainers to have them painted, I drilled holes in the rubber to screw the windlace to the retainers on the ground then installed the whole business all at once. Just carried them over and leaned them up against the inside door frame. There wasn't any need to squeese the rubber into narrow gaps or use lubricants. I slit the windlace outside in a few places to match the curves. The only fine point was to leave enough room between the two halves for the headliner harp bracket to fit. With the rubber already holding the screws in place, they drove in pretty easy. The kit gave enough left over rubber at each end to poke under the flooring retainers front and back.


Never start vast projects with half vast ideas.
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 483
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 483
I use a sopy water concoction and sprayed every thing alot.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0