| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 128 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 128 | Does anyone have a '66 to '79 3/4 ton with a 292 in it and power steering. I need a couple of clear pictures showing how the !@#$ p/s pump is intalled. I'm putting together a truck that came in 1000's of pieces and this is the last puzzle to sort out.
Thanks
M | | | | | Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 310 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 310 | efi-diy You might wanna move this to the "The Engine & Driveline Shop " they know what there doing, but don't visit the general forum too much. Good luck Richard | | | | | Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 499 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 499 | In the past there have been a couple of guys that said they had genuine 292 brackets. I see so few 292's, that I never bothered to even look. I modified this one from a 70's Camaro 250. The first scan is from a Haynes, 67-82 Chevy manual that I found at a swap meet for a couple bucks. Not real sure if they have the PS belt on the inside or out of the Alt belt. Mine worked as you see in the pictures. [img]http://www.home.earthlink.net/~roadruner/scan.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.home.earthlink.net/~roadruner/jpg0014.JPG[/img] This next picture is the area that had to be modified. A lot of material had to be removed to clear the by-pass hose. You can see part of the weld where I cut the bracket apart and added a filler piece to acomodate the extra height of the 292. I trimmed a lot of material from the back of the bracket to clear the headers. This area may have had a brace that went over to the side of the engine. I don't recall and it has been this way for several years without it. [img]http://www.home.earthlink.net/~roadruner/jpg0017.JPG[/img] To the left of the by-pass hose, you can see part of the upper bracket that shares two bolts(longer) with the thermistat housing. [img]http://www.home.earthlink.net/~roadruner/jpg0027.JPG[/img] The alternator adjuster bolt ties everything together and is adjusted before the PS belt. [img]http://www.home.earthlink.net/~roadruner/jpg0026.JPG[/img]
'67 GMC 3/4 292 4spd
| | |
| |
| |