| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#21175 05/30/2004 5:35 AM | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 | I have just gotten a 1970 C/10 w/250/monojet/3 speed/3.73 rear. What kind of gas mileage can I expect from this? I have only driven it a little but it seems thirsty for a six. Brian | | |
#21176 05/31/2004 4:06 PM | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 68 Member | | Member Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 68 | None of the inlines are that great with fuel mileage. Probably not much better than a 350. I get about 14-15 with a 235.
'54 3100-235-T5 trans-12 bolt 3:31 '68 Impala 307/350 '78 Sportster/Original owner
| | |
#21177 06/01/2004 8:26 PM | Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 | I used to get around 16 in my 74, got around 19 in an 80 van. Improvements aren't that easy. For one or two mpg drop in a HEI with an advance kit. For anything better you need to change the rear end gears or put in an overdrive tranny.
Fred 52 3600 69 C-10
| | |
| |
| |