| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,274 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 144 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 144 | Ever since I was a teenager I've been fantasizing about a 1956 GMC Drag racing truck with a 454 and a th400. It doesn't help that I recently watched American Graffiti.
I'm wondering if anyone out there has a drag racing truck? Any photos or storys about it? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | 454 won't get ya anywhere nowadays, need something like this! Bill | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 1 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 1 | Iam have a 1964 C10 with a 385 stroker and a NOS cheater system it is putting out about 650 hp with the nitrous and about 425 without the juice. I put a T-56 six speed trans in it for the highway cruise and a 4.56 gear in a 12 bolt posi rear end. I also put all viper internals into the trans to handle the torque of the stroker.
Richard Sellhausen
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 144 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 144 | How about a fellow up in Canada last year was selling a 46 Chev 1/2 ton with a 426 blown D--ge hemi, I have pictures somewhere on file.Had it all fixed up real nice but I think it was a trailer queen just for shows as the interior was all done up for luxury. Bob T up in the Jaw | | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 46 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 46 | Page 39 of my Chevs of the 40's catalog has a picture of a 1940 1/2 ton dragster owned by David Watkins, Oregon. Looks like a big blower drive sticking out drivers side of hood. Don't expect my 40 to turn out that wild. Bob | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 144 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 144 | Originally posted by red58: 454 won't get ya anywhere nowadays, need something like this!
Bill Ah yes. Les Shockley and his two crazy sons. Very entertaining TLC series. | | |
| |
| |