The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (J Lucas, tclederman, Southerntruck), 72 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,133
Posts1,056,398
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 200
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 200
Hey Bolters,

Now that you've had a little (a Lot?) turkey, or about to, and you have just a few minutes, I need a hand. I am rebuilding my 51 1/2 ton door hinges.
A while ago, there were a few posts on who had the better replacement hold open springs. I remember that some of the springs that were offered were weak and would break very quickly. I did run a search, but I didn't find the answer.
Can anyone tell me where they got good hold open springs?

Thanks,

Mark


1951 Chevy 3100
Some days you get the bear. Some days the bear gets you.
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 265
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 265
When I ordered mine from Chevy Duty they were backordered while they waited for an improved spring. The new ones seem to be fine so far.

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 200
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 200
Thanks rd. I knew there was a problem with some of the springs. I appreciate the help.

Mark


1951 Chevy 3100
Some days you get the bear. Some days the bear gets you.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0