| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,403 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 3 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 3 | I'm building a '52-( ½ ton 5 window Chevy)and would like to use a '47-48 fuel tank that mounts on the frame. Unfortunately, my search for such tanks has yielded nothing but exhaustion. Street rodders want to sell me a 400 dollar generic pro street version which will occupy my spare tire space.
Any ideas where I might be able to spot a decent one I can have cleaned/dipped with the original support straps and hardware?
Amir Ebrahimzadeh
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | I believe there was one For Sale, in the, Parts For Sale Section of, www.oldgmctrucks.com .You have to get there through, the discussion board.It is listed as being for a panel, or suburban, but the seller notes, it is the same, for the '47-'48 pickup. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 3 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 3 | Thanks Spanky. I'll check it out.
Amir Ebrahimzadeh
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 90 Member | | Member Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 90 | 52A I used my stock filler tube out of the cab and turned it so it will fit as the filler in front of the pass rear fender. The 1 1/2'' then flares to 2'' and connects to the tank under the passenger side between the rails, in front of the rear axle and tucked up into the frame. Yes I cut the diagonal reinforcing sheet piece. It's 10''x11''x34''. holds 16 gallons. universal gas tank @ :: http://www.chassisengineeringinc.com/page86.html http://discountgastanks.com/?session=ad03defaf3f02a84dfe450ed7a354dce
Gooday Jim
small wheel moves by fire and rod, big wheel fires by the grace of god, everytime that wheel turns round, bound to cover just a little more ground.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 3 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 3 | Thanks Jim. I wish I had ½ ya'lls knowledge about these monsters. Have a wonderful day sir.
Amir Ebrahimzadeh
| | |
| |
| |