| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (1955 1 Series, klhansen, John Dlugos, Bill Hanlon, Gray_Ghost, Otto Skorzeny, 2 invisible),
219
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,179 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#18586 04/02/2005 4:29 PM | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 7 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 7 | Hello all, I have a 61 chevy stepside that has had a muncie 4 speed put in. I need to add gear oil but I'm afraid to pull the plug out of the tranny. It seems to me that if I pull the plug that all the oil in there will leak out. Is this the case. Also how much oil and what kind do I put in there once I do it. Please help I'm new to this world but want to learn how to due this myself. Thanks | | |
#18587 04/02/2005 4:53 PM | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | if you mean the plug on the bottom. yes that's for draining to check tranny oil there should be a plug about halfway up one side - poke yer pinky in, and you should find the oil level near the hole - fill until it just starts to spill, slam the plug back in!
Bill | | |
#18588 04/02/2005 8:54 PM | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 7 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 7 | Thanks Bill That is the info I needed. | | |
| |
| |