| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,255 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 52 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 52 | I found a place in Battle Creek, Michigan that repairs, cleans and recoats gas tanks. The name of the company is Gas Tank RenU, WWW.BCRENU.COM. There motto: a GREAT PLACE TO TAKE A LEAK. I took my gas tank for a 46 chevy pickup to them and got it back in 1-1/2 weeks. The truck has not been started since 1986 and the gas tank smelled real bad of varnish and I dumped out a lot of gravel, broken glass and twigs and there was still about 1/4 inch of rusty crud on the bottom of the tank. The tank had two divider baffel plates inside of the tank which made it impossible for me to get It cleaned. RenU cleaned, sandblasted and coated inside and out of the tank and it has a life time garantee. I also had to replace all fuel lines as they were pluged up solid and rebuilt the glass bowl fuel pump as it was also full of crystalized gas. I installed a glass bowl fuel filter by the carburator with the glass bowl down. All is well as the 216 came to life and sounded great and I know that I will not have a fuel problem for a long time. I would recommend RenU to anyone and in talking to the owner of RenU he would like to be added to the links of this great site.  Jamo | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 1,159 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 1,159 | Eric
Thanks. I just sent that link to our new "Link Man" (you'll have to wait for the February newsletter to find out about that). Good info. Thanks. It'll go in with the new list of February links.
Thanks for sending it along.
Peg
~ One of many.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 | GAS TANK RENU LOCATIONS Did a little research and found they are in several locations throughout the states and the world including our friends in Canada. | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 1,159 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 1,159 | Wow, thanks George. Sent that one on to the Link-man, too. Peg
~ One of many.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 52 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 52 | I am just trying to help out others as this great site has helped me out a whole bunch.  | | |
| |
| |