| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (1955 1 Series, klhansen, John Dlugos, Bill Hanlon, Gray_Ghost, Otto Skorzeny, 2 invisible),
219
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,179 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 52 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 52 | I replyed to an ad in the sway meet section for a floor pan for a 46 chevy 3 speed transmission and I ordered the best one of the two that he had.  the ad was from Jay Baker in Oregon and it looks like he has some parts that would help other bolters. He sent a pic along of the parts but I do not know how to copy it in here and the two floor boards were lay up against a 46 for parts and it looked good enough to be restored. < [email protected]> this is his email address for those that are interested in 41-46 parts. What is the difference between a 3 and 4 speed floor pan for a 46 chevy? :rolleyes: | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 | Eric - The three speed stock transmission has a round configuration where the shift stick exits the top of the transmission through the floor board. The four speed stock transmission has a square configuration where the shift stick exits the top of the transmission through the floor board. The three speed floor pan has a round hole in it for the shift stick and the four speed transmissio has a square hole in it for the the shift stick.
"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!" My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.Operators are standing by to take your calls! Now cruising in the Passing Lane | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 52 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 52 | 6cylindersovertexas, thank you for the reply on the transmissions and floor pans. The floor pan that I bought is for a four speed and I asked for a three speed pan, I guess it will work ok as it will be better than the piece of plywood that was there. One way to fix this would be to put in a four speed transmission! The guy that is selling all these parts is [email protected] and has 41-53 trucks that he is parting out. Jamo | | |
| |
| |