The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (J Lucas, tclederman, Southerntruck), 72 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,133
Posts1,056,398
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#180472 04/21/2005 6:07 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 6
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 6
Based on some helpful suggestions here, I called Chevrolet with my VIN to request a "restoration kit" for a '46 2Ton, but I was told that the kits were not available for '43 to '46 model years. Anybody else have this problem? I swear I've been told by somebody with a '46 3/4T that they got one a couple years ago.

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
Hi Road Kill,

Yes they are available!

I'll see what I can dig up. May take me few months. I already have the 1946 Chevy Passenger Car Resto Pack online.

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
Ok Roadkill,

Just called (248) 475-7534 and they are sending me the Resto Pack for the 1946 Chevrolet Trucks. smile This will be online in a few months.

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 6
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 6
Thanks for the quick reply and help. Don't know why I got a different answer - I called Chevy at 800/222-1020 so maybe I will try your number. That is an amazing collection of manuals on line you have there!

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
You are welcome RoadKill.. smile The number I posted is on the invoice that comes with the Specifications (Resto Pack). This must be the actual shipping department and they do not require any info other than your name and address. The lady I spoke to today, recognized my address because I call occasionally for more material to add to the Old Online Chevy Manuals site.

The "collection of manuals" is always growing. This is about four years worth so far. Hope they are of use!

Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 175
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 175
Back when I called the lady who took the info told me that my VIN must be wrong because there werent 17 digits for my '46.
She was wrong, not me.


Gravity - It's not just a good idea, it's the law.
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
They do not really even need the VIN number, just the year. Keep calling, talk to someone different.

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
Guess what Guys? The 53 page 1946 Specifications (Resto-Pack) for Chevy Trucks arrived today! grin Took a whole 4 days since I ordered it on Thursday and by snail mail to boot. smile

Will add it to the Old Online Chevy Manuals soon.

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
F
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
I ordered the '46 Truck resto pack TWICE, and got both ultra fast by snail mail.

Only problem was both times they sent me the Resto pack for the '46 PASSENGER CARS, not the trucks.

You'd have thought the second time when I called and said 2 TON TRUCK, NOT CAR they'd have corrected the error.. but nope.

Thanks khardy for posting that to your webpage!


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
Hi Fumblin46,

Now you can print the pages from the 1946 Chevy Truck Specifications site. Open the page you want, left click on the page image, when the menu opens, click on "Print Picture." Depending on your printer software, you should select the largest print size to paper and print it. smile


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0