| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,091 Posts1,056,387 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 66 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 66 | If I only lived in Chicago, I could bid on this little item on eBay, and attach it to my stovebolt pick-up.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2497604904&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
I could also root for the Cubbies, but that is a topic for another post. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | That's fun. I was just looking at a '54 frame and thinking I would turn it into a trailer soon.
This one has the side mount spare carrier with the dimpled fender. Is it worth the price just for that?
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 66 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 66 | Golly Sub, that is another good reason why I need this trailer! | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 476 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 476 |
Don't lose your head to save a minute, You need your head, your brains are in it. Burma-Shave (1947)
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 476 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 476 | Somebody sniped it at the last minute. With 2 minutes to go it was still $238.50. I was thinking that was cheap. $500.00 seems like too much. Am I wrong?
Don't lose your head to save a minute, You need your head, your brains are in it. Burma-Shave (1947)
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 66 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 66 | Golly, I hate those sniper dudes!
No, The end price was OK. The left fender, and the spare tire mount were worth a lot. The three rims looked pretty good. But, having a trailer that matches your truck... PRICELESS! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 327 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 327 | I have a trailer like that made from a 55 1st frame and bed, only the bed is a utility bed without the regular fenders but with metal boxes on each side. It will go good with Cindy's 55 1st. Wanted to put that bed on her pickup but she said to keep it as a trailer.
Oly in Oregon Rest in Peace1945 GMC COE Victory Truck 1953 Willys CJ3B 1955 Chevy 1st series 3/4-ton 1958 WIFE Last series Never say "Whoa" in a mud hole
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 255 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 255 | I have two of these AD trailers, but they are pretty rough. I plan to someday make a couple that are nice enough to follow my pickup when I have it all fixed up. This one would have been nice enough to really fix up. It would have been good body work and painting practice for when I do my own pickups. Ralph | | |
| |
| |