The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (3800GUY, Otto Skorzeny, Shade Baby), 105 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,414
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#172991 03/02/2005 3:48 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 29
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 29
I was just given a truck that I've desired since I was a kid. My dad's cousin purchased his 1954 3100 1/2 ton brand new in 1953, and has used it regularly since then. It is all stock, with the exception of the turn signals he added in the late 50's. It's been garage kept, and has been painted a couple of times, in the original color.

It's a dream come true for me, and I want to keep it original. I've done my searching around the net and on this site, but haven't found the answer to two questions. Forgive me if the answers were obviously available!

1. Was the headliner made of cardboard in '54, and if the interior is beige with a brown seat, what color should the headliner be? I want to order an original type, but I'm not seeing any color in the catalogs that are matching what's in the truck now.

2. The door panels have been worn through. If the seat is brown, were the door panels brown, also?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance for any help.

#172992 03/02/2005 4:32 AM
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 175
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 175
Welcome.
Someone will be along any time now to answer your question.
But welcome anyhow.


Gravity - It's not just a good idea, it's the law.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0