The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (68ironhead), 89 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#167706 09/17/2004 1:22 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
B
Moderator
Moderator
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
I'm taking a class in SQL server and the school required me to upgrade from Windows XP Home Edition to XP Pro. I did, and it caused a meltdown. My little plastic box couldn't take it and was in intensive care for two days.

Tonight I got it back up and running (with XP Pro) and am re-installing all my applications.

MSN (My ISP) decided that my new home page needs to be MSN. (They're Microsoft you know... They do things like that.) I decided to reclaim control and my new home page is now...

(Here's the truck related part.) stovebolt.com.

I spend more time here than anywhere else, including the school website!


Don't lose your head to save a minute,
You need your head, your brains are in it.
Burma-Shave (1947)
#167707 09/17/2004 1:25 AM
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 1,586
T
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 1,586
No good,too much computer, too off topic,you're busted grin .How about, "I took my computer for a ride in my Stovebolt"

#167708 09/17/2004 1:47 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
B
Moderator
Moderator
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
I was about ready to take it for a one way ride...

I should have figured that post would not cut it. (At least with somebody...) I've been thinking about setting my homepage to stovebolt for a while now. When MS thought they were taking control, I said, "nuff of that!" and took it back.


Don't lose your head to save a minute,
You need your head, your brains are in it.
Burma-Shave (1947)
#167709 09/17/2004 2:34 AM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
All my posts are now truck related as I have moved a laptop into my 54.


54 3100 with 235
62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
#167710 09/17/2004 4:34 PM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 185
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 185
Truck upgrades [img]http://www.norcalspeedshop.com/_offsite_smilies/symbolic_thumbsup.gif[/img]
MS Windows OS upgrades [img]http://www.norcalspeedshop.com/_offsite_smilies/symbolic_thumbsdown.gif[/img]

When talking MS Windows, you are much better off making a clean install of a new operating system (OS) than upgrading (read: adding to) the old OS.

This is, of course, just one person's humble opinion.

BTW -- Windows XP service pack two has been troublesome for many. You may want to postpone -this- update (service pack two) for a while.

[img]http://www.norcalspeedshop.com/_offsite_images/computertruck.jpg[/img]

#167711 09/17/2004 5:34 PM
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 175
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 175
My first post on this new improved forum was deleted, even though I did mention my '46.


Gravity - It's not just a good idea, it's the law.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0