The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Brian Moore, panel fan), 166 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 364
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 364
I struggle installing the stock seat in my '42 PU...It is always difficult getting the back cushion hooked through the top slots and while getting the bottom tongues lined up to go through the slots on the back of the bottom cushion...then keeping them all together while you push the whole seat in place. Is there a trick to this? Am I missing something?...I'm a tired old man and need help!


Steve G.
--------------
1942 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton Pickup Truck

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
Z
'Bolter
'Bolter
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
I have put my seats in and out a lot and once I line up the bottom seat where it goes I just put the back so that the tabs go in the slots and push straight down. It goes right into the bottom with no issues. Are the top tabs or bottom posts bent on the back of the seat?

It should go fairly easy.


1946 Chevy Pickip
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 364
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 364
Are the tabs and posts supposed to be bent? Mine are.


Steve G.
--------------
1942 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton Pickup Truck

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
Z
'Bolter
'Bolter
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
I guess I should have clarified that...they are angled but I guess you wouldn't know if they were bent.

I should have time Saturday to pull my seat out and post up a picture of the rear seat for you.

If you put the top tabs in the slots the bottoms should really just line right up for you.


1946 Chevy Pickip
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
Gosh Zipper, I'm just glad the Goose is helping me on my way to total confusion. Nest (next ha ha) week my seat should be ready to wrestle with. Any pictures you could post of a properly operating seat insertion, bent or unbent, would be greatly appreciated. LMAO but thankful at the same time.

SteveG, you post pix too. You to Kips'41. We are all in this together.

Don


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
Z
'Bolter
'Bolter
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
pictures will be up by end of day tomorrow. Had a busy weekend and haven't made it out to the garage to even drive the truck.


1946 Chevy Pickip
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
Z
'Bolter
'Bolter
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
okay here are the pictures. The first two are a little off clarity wise because I forgot to change settings on my camera:

http://leahstockwell.com/images/driverbottomclip.jpg

http://leahstockwell.com/images/passenger%20bottom%20clip.jpg

The bottom clips should line up directly over your seat mount brackets that go over your gas tank.

http://leahstockwell.com/images/seatback1.jpg

http://leahstockwell.com/images/seatback2.jpg

These are of the back of the seat and how mine are angled. Again all I have to do is align the top ones and push straight down and it all slides right into place.

Guess it is time to do a cleaning behind the seat. grin


1946 Chevy Pickip
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
Z
'Bolter
'Bolter
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
oh yeah...when you mount your brackets under the seat above the gas tank two of them have round knobs that stick up. They are to line up the seat bottom when you put it on. On the front of the outside seat frame are two holes. When you set that seat bottom in place using those the rear should just set right in.


1946 Chevy Pickip
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
Thanks a lot zipper. Just one question... what are those two alien cone shaped things mounted in a box behind the seat?

Just kidding! grin


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 364
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 364
Thanks, Zipper, my seat hardware is exactly the same. Do your top cushion hooks slip all the way into the top slot?


Steve G.
--------------
1942 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton Pickup Truck

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
Z
'Bolter
'Bolter
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
Quote
Originally posted by steveg:
Thanks, Zipper, my seat hardware is exactly the same. Do your top cushion hooks slip all the way into the top slot?
Honestly I am not sure since I cant see them when the seat is down and in place. But I cant push down any further with the seat and it all locks into place tightly.


1946 Chevy Pickip
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
Z
'Bolter
'Bolter
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
Quote
Originally posted by down2sea:
Thanks a lot zipper. Just one question... what are those two alien cone shaped things mounted in a box behind the seat?

Just kidding! grin
So I can have some Ray Charles cranking while I am cruising along. grin


1946 Chevy Pickip

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0