| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,487 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 | I've completed my first project with my "new" 1949 Singer sewing machine. This is a good lesson in basic sewing and hand stitching techniques. I bought a pair of armrests from Classic Parts not too long ago ... this week I brought them in the house, took them apart and recovered them with leather from a Scandanavian moose who died and left his legacy in my interior. I sewed all seams with the machine and then applied a "French Stitch" using a hand-stitching awl and heavy-duty waxed thread. You can see the entire process here: Click Here
~~ Alan Horvath 1954 Chevy PickupSinging his praises in thePassing Lane | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 866 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 866 | Looks good Alan, just like a professional. Keep up the good work. Look forward to seeing more. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 1,317 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 1,317 | Alan, by the time you get all your trim covered with "Bullwinkle" you'll have to rename her the "MooseMobile"!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW.....you do some really nice work...thanks for taking the time to document and share it with us!
Dave | | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 | Thanks, Frank ... thanks, Dave. I appreciate your encouragement!
It appears that I found the only moose hide the supplier ever had! And I have just enough left to finishe my steering wheel. Looks like elk is plentiful and looks the same, so I'll be getting some of that to continue with the black colors ... but I don't want black to be the predominant color in the interior.
When I get to making some kick panels and doing the headliner, ect., I'll be adding some black accents but will be going with a more predominant color of either burgundy or buckskin (cream; buff) ... or maybe both, if 3 colors wind up striking my fancy. We'll see.
I'm really enjoying this though!
~~ Alan Horvath 1954 Chevy PickupSinging his praises in thePassing Lane | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 1,317 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 1,317 | Hey Alan, I'll keep my eyes open down here...never know what will pop out of the bushes!!!!! How about some nice Gator hide? Could be a great conversation starter up there in NJ.
Dave | | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 | Gator's good! 
~~ Alan Horvath 1954 Chevy PickupSinging his praises in thePassing Lane | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 1,317 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 1,317 | Check your mailbox.....carefully!!!!!!
Dave | | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 |
~~ Alan Horvath 1954 Chevy PickupSinging his praises in thePassing Lane | | |
| |
| |