The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (dt235sd, RdsLessTaken, Woodcmiami, Danielbolt, Gazz), 106 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,483
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
I've completed my first project with my "new" 1949 Singer sewing machine. This is a good lesson in basic sewing and hand stitching techniques.

I bought a pair of armrests from Classic Parts not too long ago ... this week I brought them in the house, took them apart and recovered them with leather from a Scandanavian moose who died and left his legacy in my interior.
grin
I sewed all seams with the machine and then applied a "French Stitch" using a hand-stitching awl and heavy-duty waxed thread.

You can see the entire process here:
Click Here


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
Looks good Alan, just like a professional. Keep up the good work. Look forward to seeing more.

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,317
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,317
Alan, by the time you get all your trim covered with "Bullwinkle" you'll have to rename her the "MooseMobile"!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW.....you do some really nice work...thanks for taking the time to document and share it with us!

Dave


Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
Thanks, Frank ... thanks, Dave. I appreciate your encouragement!

It appears that I found the only moose hide the supplier ever had! And I have just enough left to finishe my steering wheel. Looks like elk is plentiful and looks the same, so I'll be getting some of that to continue with the black colors ... but I don't want black to be the predominant color in the interior.

When I get to making some kick panels and doing the headliner, ect., I'll be adding some black accents but will be going with a more predominant color of either burgundy or buckskin (cream; buff) ... or maybe both, if 3 colors wind up striking my fancy. We'll see.

I'm really enjoying this though!


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,317
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,317
Hey Alan, I'll keep my eyes open down here...never know what will pop out of the bushes!!!!! How about some nice Gator hide? Could be a great conversation starter up there in NJ.

Dave


Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
Gator's good!
grin


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,317
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,317
Check your mailbox.....carefully!!!!!!

Dave


Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
LOL! Thanks.


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0