The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (fonz8261, Barry Martak, 55shaker, TUTS 59, LAJones48, Dusty53), 142 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,416
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 11
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 11
Just need somebody elses two cents worth!, I am trying to descide weather to keep my 56 pickup's interior paint or should I put leather all over the inside and on the dash as well. My buddy said that it will be alot quieter,which I tend to aggree with, I'm putting a set of caddy leather seats in it and I think it would look good ,if I went the way of paint the interior would need alot of body work because the old guy who owned it covered everything with undercoating, has any body seen this done and how did it look? I don't want it looking cheezy when I finally finish it!


John Taylor,Brampton ontario
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 142
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 142
I personally would paint the dash and some of the exposed metal with the same color and sheen as the leather. I would do the back of the cab , headliner ,full door panels , kick panels and some of the trim in the leather. I have been to alot of shows and have seen several done like this and they look real clean.

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,067
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,067
You could really go either way. Painting the dash would be easier to maintain I would think. I am interested in the Caddy seats you mentioned. I think the stock bench seat is terribly uncomfortable and I'd like to replace mine too. What Caddy are your seats from? And the dimensions and height will be right? I was thinking I'd look for another truck bench seat, but I'm sure I'd have to have it custom leather upholstered, most trucks I see don't have leather inside.


52 GMC 3/4 ton pickup
68 Big Block Vette
68 455 Firebird

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0