| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,091 Posts1,056,387 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 19 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 19 | My heater system was completly useless on my 1960 Chevy pickup due to the cables being utterly seized up. I decided that defrost is a necessary thing lately as we have been having -21 temps lately. Anyway, to the point, my truck has the heater blower on the engine side of the firewall and blows heat into the interior through a cool little duct system. The medium by which this duct attaches to the firewall is an old black thick foamy kind of gasket. I can't find this gasket material at any of the automotive places here in town. I can obtain thick cork gaskets, but I'm not sure if cork will work in this application. Anyone have any idea where to find the original thick foamy gasket material or if cork is suitable for this application? | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 55 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 55 | I don't know about the cork, but you can get the foamy gaskets from Brothers, Chevy Duty, LMC, etc. Comes with 2 pieces (inside-outside of firewall) in a set for about 7-8 dollars. | | |
| |
| |