The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Swami29, Otto Skorzeny, Gray_Ghost, Youngin' Tut 59), 143 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,605
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 178
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 178
I've been out of town for work this week so I figured I'd bring some work with me to keep my evenings interesting in the hotel. Might be pointless, but I modeled this part in case I wanted to machine a die to stamp a new one.
Attachments
BaffleV2 v0.png (39.99 KB, 85 downloads)
BaffleV2 1.1.png (119.73 KB, 85 downloads)
20260730_224812.jpg (248.28 KB, 79 downloads)


~ Daniel Davidson
1939/1940 Chevrolet/GMC
Follow his Project Journal
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,971
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,971
Daniel - Just curious (I know it can get a guy in trouble - lol), but did you omit the two large circular notches towards the rear corners of the outer flange on purpose?

Otherwise everything in your rendering looks "spot-on"! thumbs_up


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 178
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 178
To the best of my knowledge, those aren't original. Pictures online of this exact part are really difficult to find but they haven't had them. I also only have this one with the handful of extra parts that I own. The holes are also not on the parts book drawing in the attached picture. Like most things, I guess when I start putting it together it should be pretty apparent haha.
Attachments
20260726_202646.jpg (157.59 KB, 49 downloads)


~ Daniel Davidson
1939/1940 Chevrolet/GMC
Follow his Project Journal
Joined: Mar 2024
Posts: 380
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Mar 2024
Posts: 380
I will post some photos of my parts later tonight. I have two examples with the cut outs...a little different, but they are present.

I don't know if this response is helpful to what you are doing, but I have two of those parts that came with my FrankenProject. My cab, grill and fenders are 1940 Chevrolet, and the part you are making looks to be mostly the same as the parts I have.

The first two photos are of a part that came with my project, and the second two show a part from a second source and the part that it was screwed to when I received - still showing with the primer paint outline showing the location of those cut out areas relative to where it mounts.
Attachments
A.JPG (229.28 KB, 33 downloads)
AA.JPG (177.74 KB, 31 downloads)
B.JPG (411.54 KB, 34 downloads)
BB.JPG (215.04 KB, 32 downloads)

Last edited by Nick in Manitou; 08/02/2026 3:56 AM. Reason: Add photos and text about them

Nick
1940 KC Model 1/2 Ton Pickup Project
(with '37-'39 Bed and what we think is a '42-'46 Frame)
Taos, New Mexico
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 178
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 178
Smallish update. I sent my hood ornament off to Vern Toedtli in Vancouver WA and he did a tremendous job on the chrome. I should also get my upper moulding back next week. Im going to send my grill next since its a little more expensive to restore.
Attachments

Last edited by Danielbolt; 10/08/2026 2:22 PM.

~ Daniel Davidson
1939/1940 Chevrolet/GMC
Follow his Project Journal
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,666
U
'Bolter
'Bolter
U Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,666
Just watched a show on how they do things and they showed the process for metal coverings. Those look very nice.


~ John in Utah
1946 1/2Ton w/4-speed manual transmission w/1960 235 engine
Here We Go
Follow in his DITY Bay

- If you think about it, it has been one year ago today!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0