The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (walter74, WICruiser), 77 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,624
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1612699 10/06/2026 5:38 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 31
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 31
Hello all, I am now to old to work on my 58 Cameo and after almost 50 years of ownership I need to sell my truck. Want to get some idea how much it could be worth. 20 years ago I changed the 283 to 350, MSD ignition, electric fan, Alternator. 3 on the tree with overdrive. Most of the original chrome in place. Has rust everywhere these trucks can have it. Runs great probably have less than 10,000 on the 350. I'm in California. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks, Jack
Attachments
IMG_0425.jpeg (13.9 KB, 59 downloads)
cameo
IMG_0428.jpeg (16.42 KB, 58 downloads)
IMG_0438.jpeg (16.11 KB, 58 downloads)

Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,896
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,896
Why does the fiberglass bedside look the same as the steel cab? Is that just worn out silver paint?


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 31
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 31
I think the original color was white but was painted red before I got it. I think I can find the original color. I'll check.

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 31
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 31
Paint code is 701C, Bombay Ivory

5cameo8 #1612748 10/07/2026 12:58 AM
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,971
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,971
Jack - You've been with us for a lot of years sir! Your question on figuring a value on a particular truck has been asked, batted around a bunch and kinda answered as best we can in this GTT Tech Tip written by Barry “BKWeeks” Weeks in 2008 and posted a couple years back by Stovebolt's Head Honcho John Milliman himself.

I'd suggest giving that tech tip, and this directly related thread a thorough read, as they probably offer the best suggestions on how you can decide the "what's it worth" question.

If and when you do decide on an asking price, feel free to post an ad in our Trucks For Sale forum. smile


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0