The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (39Master85, Shaffer's1950, Gray_Ghost, Red75bronco, wvstovebolt, Cosmo), 66 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,697
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1611833 09/22/2026 4:28 PM
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 132
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 132
For those bolters in Missouri.
We can get a refund on our gas tax. roughly 12 cent per gallon. If I understand correctly.


https://mytax.mo.gov/rptp/portal/home/individual-file-mf-selection/!ut/p/z0/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfIjo8zi_QNMHD2c3Q38DRzdLAzMDMyczLxCHA0N3A31C7IdFQFo02-o/


The above outlines how to be refunded some of your fuel tax.

and this is the form.


https://dor.mo.gov/forms/4923-H.pdf

I am currently compiling mine from 2025

chris


Rock49 aka C-Rodg
work in progress
1956 Chevy 3100
261 engine
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,980
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,980
Chris - I'm curious to know what's the basis and/or application that allows for a refund of gas use taxes from the State of MO? Please provide a link to whatever source you have that indicates rules or guidelines on this refund program as it may not be a one-size fits all kind of thing.

Without that context and how and to who it applies, I think we need to pause on putting such information out. Don't want folks to get all excited about something that may not be applicable to everyone/anyone. wink Your first link also shows the statement pictured below. Clearly folks that wish to submit an application for this refund have some beginning steps to complete, before they can successfully submit a refund application. Time may not be on anyone's side with this information.

PS - In looking at the PDF linked, it appears that there are some worksheets (detailing gasoline purchases throughout the year by specific vehicle VIN) that are required documentation to support the refund application form and that this current year program application must be submitted/received by the State of MO by Sept 30, 2026 for this fiscal years program.
Attachments


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 132
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 132
Gdads51
I should have thought before posting. I nderstand the concerns.
The basis would be "Senate Bill 262 allows purchasers of motor fuel for highway use to request a refund of the Missouri motor fuel tax increase paid annually"

I heard about this summer 2025 on NPR. I went to the Missouri department of revenue site and started keeping my gas receipts from 1 July 2025 to 30 June 2026. I am currently filing out the form for this year.

If you have multiple vehicles you do a form for each vehicle.

If it's to late or not benificial I apologize for geting hopes up.

Chris


For those who may have kept receipts. Sep 30 is the deadline.

These are the links from the Mo department of revinue.

Motor tax faq:

https://dor.mo.gov/faq/taxation/business/motor-fuel.html

File Motor Fuel Consumer Refund Highway Use Claim:

https://mytax.mo.gov/rptp/portal/home/individual-file-mf-selection/!ut/p/z0/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfIjo8zi_QNMHD2c3Q38DRzdLAzMDMyczLxCHA0N3A31C7IdFQFo02-o/


Rock49 aka C-Rodg
work in progress
1956 Chevy 3100
261 engine
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,980
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,980
Chris - Thanks for the follow up and details to share with fellow Missouri 'Bolters.

Just my thoughts, but not being aware of the program until this late in the game, it's unlikely to be of much use for the current fiscal year for folks not previously aware. But awareness now and armed with the information for next year, it could be a great thing for those that want to pursue the refund program next year.

Appreciate your sharing this knowledge. thumbs_up


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 132
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 132
I do what I can. I was frustrated when I heard about it last year. You would think there would be a PSA at gas stations so people would know.

Chris


Rock49 aka C-Rodg
work in progress
1956 Chevy 3100
261 engine

Moderated by  2-Ton, Gdads51, Shakey61 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0