I have noticed that any posts that have pics are very slow to open. Has anyone else noticed this?
Craig
My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
In the DITY section, 1948 Chevy 3600 thread has 6-7 pics. Not all the thumb nails load and some pics are slow to load. But, I have notice pics are slow to load on some threads too.
~ John in Utah 1946 1/2Ton w/4-speed manual transmission w/1960 235 engine Here We Go Follow in his DITY Bay
- If you think about it, it has been one year ago today!
Canβt get on now. Error code 552. Yes, it's been over a week plus that I have noticed any posts with pics are now much slower to open as compared to before.
Craig
My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Oops, now it's loading pretty fast with 300+ guests. Yahoo!
Craig
My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
In case it may help locate/ID whatever may be causing the attachment pictures to not always/randomly fully display, here are a couple of screen grabs from this morning in Kevin's (klhansen) Project Journal showing the attachment image thumbnails not all displaying correctly.
Note their are two sets of screen grabs. The first one in pics one and two, then a different set of grabs in three and four. Note that the thumbnails display differently from one viewing to another.
It kinda seems like during the page loading process, there is a minor time delay during the activity that thumbnails load to display. Some load and display quickly, while others take a few seconds to try and load. if a thumbnail doesn't load/display in about 3-5 seconds, it ends up being displayed by the attachment file name link. Those mostly still work if clicked to open and display the full picture, but very occasionally they won't open, acting like a broken link with just a black screen instead of the picture.
I haven't tried to capture that type of event yet, but can if it will help figure things out.
NOTE: This type of picture display issue happens throughout the forums, with posts that have one picture or many, and just random. Sometimes they display, sometimes not???
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Thanks, Dan. The link you provided was helpful. The images are trying to load, but are getting code 522 errors.
Quote
Error code 522 indicates a "Connection Timed Out" issue, meaning Cloudflare was able to connect to your server, but the server took too long to respond. This typically occurs due to an overloaded server
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Still, the pics are very slow in loading (for me anyways).
Craig
My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
I have recently seen some posts with multiple photos not displaying the thumbnail (kind of like missing teeth), but they displayed normally if clicked on.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
The random thumbnails not displaying correctly continues, often not the same thumbnails to incorrectly display if you hit the refresh button or go back and look at the post a little later. Seems to be related to a page loading delay that is sporadic. Sometime it happens and others not??? Also still occasionally seeing Cloudflare timeout reports (522). Especially when I am trying to use the picture "Attachment Manager". The Attachment Manager loading box will pop open, but initially show as just solid black for sometimes 3-5 seconds or so. If it takes longer than those 3-5 seconds for the Attachment Manager box to properly and fully display, I get the Cloudflare time out report inside the box. Sometimes I can resolve by clicking my refresh button, but other times I have to hit my back button and click on the "Attachment Manager" button to start over.
Doesn't seem to matter how many folks are actually signed in or number of guests. Could it be related to the amount of resources the server has to use to support Cloudflare security activity???
I'm guessing there has to be some resource use associated with Cloudflare blocking all the bots constantly. Could it be that continued high levels of bot traffic blocking is slowing down the rest of the server activity that supports actually operating the site?
I have no idea how much of our server capacity is needed for Cloudlfare to function effectively, but maybe Paul (baldeagle) does?
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Overloaded server or overloaded network. Hopefully, over time, some of the bots will give up trying. There might be some parameters that can be adjusted, but that's up to Paul.