Hi Can anyone help, with identifying what models Chevrolet/GM this hood release bracket was used in ? I need two for my 1941 Canadian Military pattern truck. Cheers Niels
Neils, I've moved your post over to Name that part, as it's more on topic there. I'm sure someone will be able to help you with your part ID.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
I looked up your year and found two latches but different from the one shown.IT does look like the bracket that attaches to the dash on a 53 truck that the release rod for the emergency brake goes through but I don’t think it was made of cast .
Last edited by KEVINSKI; 03/19/20266:47 PM. Reason: More imfo
Thanks for the reply Kevinski, and correct those are the outer catches for the hood.
The things with these war time CMP Chevrolets are that they really raided the civilian parts bin, and this bracket I am looking for, is on my truck used for operating ventilation flap in the nose of the truck, but I am suspecting that it is originally a hood release
I was thinking parking brake release rod bracket too, but those are stamped sheet metal and much lighter than what Niels pictured.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
I have found a part number # 3654573 witch matches an ebay listing, but is there anyway to see what vehicles this have been used in to widen my search ?
I have found a part number # 3654573 witch matches an ebay listing, but is there anyway to see what vehicles this have been used in to widen my search ?
3654573 is NOT listed in 1939-1960 GMC Master Parts Books.
'57 GMC 102, Original 347 V8, HydraMatic, 3.08 rear gear, added A/C, disk front brakes, HEI, AFB carb, '98 Honda Black Currant paint. T-boned and totaled 10/12 '52 GMC 152 Stake Bed, Original 228, SM420, added A/C, HEI, disk front brakes, '67 Chev 3.55 rear gear. Gets used as a real truck.
Niels V - Lots of different Chevrolet applications, both truck and later ALL passenger cars from 1940-49.* See the screenshot pics below. The file titles show which Chevy Master Parts Books the pics came from.
Hope this is helpful?
* Correction from my original information that included trucks as using this piece. Apologies!
Last edited by Gdads51; 03/29/20261:35 PM. Reason: correct inaccurate info originally posted
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Here is my emergency brake lever rod holder. Looks very similar to what Niels is showing. Will say I could not easily see the flat spot at the bottom of the hole. The hole looks pretty worn. The flat spot on the rod is more at a 3 o'clock position, so yes the rod is not turn quite right, but is still working very well.
Craig
My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Niels - No idea what would be considered a "fair price" for one, but I did find a single Bracket being offered on evilbay for $85 plus shipping (YIKES)! I don't think these are that rare, although in your area it's unlikely you will find many vehicles that used these laying around to snag parts from.
Perhaps you can post an ad in our Truck Parts Wanted forum. There could be a Bolter or two that can help you out?
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Hi Dan Yes I did also see the one for 85$, and with shipping and customs on up it will get rather expensive. and yes you a very correct there is not much chance of finding one here in Denmark. Will try the wanted section.
Niels - Just an update note that I corrected my previous vehicle applications information reply above.
I listed the GM# 3654573 as being used originally on Chevrolet trucks too, but on further investigation found they are passenger car only items. As Kevin (klhansen) mentioned above, and others have let me know separately, the bracket for the dash mounted parking brake release that looks similar on the Art Deco and AD series trucks are stamped steel and not cast like the passenger car pieces. They also carry a different part number.
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)