Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,227 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 5,886 Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT | | Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 5,886 | Freq2002, You know there is NO cure for our disease - LOL! Would love to see some recent pictures if you could share?  The next time you take "Tater" for a drive, snap a couple and post them in the Stovebolt Driving Report so we can all share in the joy. Looking forward to seeing "Tater"! Dan
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100Follow this story in the DITY Gallery"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 720 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 720 | I've been a bad bolt owner... Job changes, health changes, give a dang needs a new spring, end result is I haven't started the old beast in WAY too long. And I *still* haven't fixed the brake line so I'll likely have to do more work than just bending a new line. Going is optional, stopping in mandatory!
I did get off my butt long enough to go get collector plates so I don't get grief for not paying the ridiculous WA tonnage rates for a truck I'm not driving never mind rolling at gross. Can't haul anything but booty in it with those plates, but I'll have to go chase the hornets out of it and fix a few things before that's an issue. 1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber" 2007 Chevy Avalanche 2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, 2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things. But thats just MY opinion! :P
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 5,886 Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT | | Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 5,886 | Welcome back! Sounds like you have suffered with a long bout of "life gets in the way" - argh!  Glad to see you back and looking forward to updates as you restart your journey. Be sure to check out the many tips and hints in the Engine Shop on restarting after a long slumber. Whatever you do, be sure to get rid of any old gas and check out the condition of your fuel tank to be sure it's not going to contaminate new fuel amongst all the other pre-resurrection start up tasks. 
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100Follow this story in the DITY Gallery"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 601 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 601 | Regarding the old fuel, I can say that the Bellevue transfer station takes it for free. When I brought my latest rig home, it had about 28 gallons of 20 year old fuel in it. Thankfully its electric pump worked, so I just filled a bunch of old Costco cat litter jugs and took 'em into town. I don't know how they dispose of it, but at least it's not dumping it into my local environs somewhere.
I mention this because it sounds like you're in Western Washington somewhere. Yeah, drivers here are nutty. Sadly however, it doesn't seem contained to here-my family lives in Council Bluff, Iowa and apparently the local populace there have also forgotten how to drive.
1965 C60 school bus | 1967 GMC 6500 school bus
| | |
| |