The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Hotrod Lincoln, Steelonsteel, kbenz, Otto Skorzeny, BC59), 125 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,372
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2025
Posts: 66
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2025
Posts: 66
I recently read a thread in which the writer described the benefits and drawbacks of different transmission and rear end combinations to achieve the (apparently) ideal result of ~12.00 for AD trucks. The thread featured the source and ratio of several rears. I think I bookmarked the thread, but did not logically re-name it, so now I can't find it. A google search locates math-based links, but no bolter recommendations. I understand the math, but need the benefit of experience and recommendations. Assistance requested.

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,195
Insomniac
Insomniac
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,195
You are probably thinking of one of Jon's posts. e.g.
Diff change


Gord 🇨🇦
----
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
Joined: Nov 2025
Posts: 66
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2025
Posts: 66
That's the one!! Thank you


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0