The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (FAST55, Donf, Hanks custodian, CuzzFuzz), 95 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,446
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1587699 09/18/2025 12:38 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,689
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,689
To minimize frustration - thought I’d ask here first. If I want to increase pedal free play, nut “B” needs to move closer to the “A” end of the linkage rod. Is that the direction it needs to move?

(See pic)
Attachments
IMG_3382.png (6.11 MB, 22 downloads)


1951 3100
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 361
1
'Bolter
'Bolter
1 Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 361
How much free play do you have?

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
To increase free play. both A & B are moved forward towards the front of your rig.


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,689
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,689
That’s why I asked. I knew there was a near 100% chance of me getting it backwards.

I don’t have a good measurement. Going from feel….clutch lets out at the VERY top of pedal travel. I probably need a clutch, but figure this is worth a shot.


1951 3100
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 361
1
'Bolter
'Bolter
1 Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 361
Normally 3/4" to 1 " of free play.

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
Here’s how I measure the pedal free play. I Lightly touch the carpenter square ruler (held in place via a vice grip) up against the clutch pedal. Press the clutch pedal lightly by hand until it stops. Measure the gap. Warm on mine I get 3/4”.
Attachments
IMG_2126.jpeg (270.02 KB, 46 downloads)


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0