The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, ronsway, 1 invisible), 165 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,213
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1578999 06/04/2025 7:48 PM
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 449
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 449
I am also at the point of trying to figure out the next steps. Might not seem logical but I want to do the brakes next with new pads, wheel cylinders, lines, double master cylinder, etc. I just want to get that out of the way. Then I'm thinking of doing everything to get the engine running: carburetor, fuel lines, fuel pump, battery, necessary wiring, radiator, hoses, etc. The starter is installed. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_9894.jpg (121.59 KB, 108 downloads)


Kevin
1965 Chevy C10 Longbed Fleetside
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,811
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,811
Have you figured out your brake system, yet? I know people who've used a 1968 Chevy system when converted. The truck is basically the same so the off the shelf mc and booster setup work just fine without having to reinvent the wheel.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 449
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 449
I have not heard that - thanks. I'll check it out


Kevin
1965 Chevy C10 Longbed Fleetside
Joined: Feb 2023
Posts: 378
R
RLB Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2023
Posts: 378
Otto’s idea sounds like a good approach. On my 66 C10, I used the CCP front disc / rear drum / power booster kit. I used standard ride height, 6 lug & 11 “ rotors ( They clear 15” rims). The kit , as I recall, includes everything except the rear brake parts. Only modification I recall doing was I used the original push rod off the brake pedal & welded (brazed) to the CCP supplied rod to make length & slight offset work out. It was an easy mod.


1966 C-10 Short Stepside
HiPo
Step-by-step ~ and on-going resto build
in the Project Journals
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 449
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 449
10-4 thanks for the advice RLB


Kevin
1965 Chevy C10 Longbed Fleetside
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,886
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,886
Just a note guys that if this thread is going to continue on the brake topic, I'll need to move it over to the Driveline forum for continued discussion. wink


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0