Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,077 Posts1,056,280 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 454 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 454 | Well, I acquired an old jack. Picture is located HERE . It was found under the seat of a 52 Chevy pickup. The handle (flat piece of steel) has the GM logo. Only numbers I can find on the jack appear to be casting numbers (base = C263, rachet handle = C542). So what do you think? Is it really a GM jack (the handle is made for the jack and the GM logo looks real)? Is it a Chevy jack? According to my Master Parts Book, 1929-1954, Chevy had three models of jacks, two were axle jacks and one was a bumper jack. There was a 3000# capacity for all Commerical vehicles, pn 3690652 and a 7000# capacity for all Utility vehicles, pn 609909. I don't think it is the 3000# capacity jack, I think that is the one cmayna was discussing here on the stovebolt a week or so ago. Here's the picture of HIS . Could it be the 7000# axle jack (I really don't think so, but hope springs eternal  )? Maybe a jack from pre-1929? Any other guesses? Regardless of the original application, its a great little jack (13" to 18 1/2") and I'll definitely keep it with my 53 3/4t Chevy.
Jeff Nelson
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 | I don't know about your monster jack, but the other one was in Chevy pickups in at least the 60's and seventies. Had one in our 64, 68, 69 & 74. 3,000 lb was about all it would lift under ideal conditions.
Fred 52 3600 69 C-10
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 39 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 39 | Jeff, I've got a jack very similar to yours. I got mine from my Dad, who got it from his dad, who supposably brought it home from the rail road. :confused: Unfortunately, I don't have the opportunity to verify this with my granddad. I'll have to check mine more closely for any numbers. The handle is long gone, so I can't help with the GM logo there. Just a few weeks ago, I saw a jack of identical design, just 3 times bigger, in an antique store in Franklin, N.C. The tag claimed it was from a Mack truck. Believable? Anybody's guess.
Michael Zaic Dahlonega, GA 52 GMC 150 48 GMC 300
| | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 477 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2001 Posts: 477 | i've seen those before. some on 30's and 40's big trucks. i've seen them on g.m. military trucks too. as i remember the military trucks had a larger base. don't hold me to it, but 10,000 lb. capacity.  | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,841 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,841 | Jeff, Your jack looks real cool. Maybe you should join it in one of those robotic wars events.
Craig My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,601 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,601 | Grampa has a jack just like that.years ago I used it a lot on some of the old cars and trucks I brought home,pretty stout jack too.
Don 1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 90 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 90 | I think I saw one like that at Hershey and it was supposedly for a 1929-31 AA **** Truck. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 1,571 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 1,571 | That is a Fjord AA jack. The original handle would have been about 2 feet long with a square hole for the brake adjusters. I've been looking for one of those for my dad's 1930 AA 1 1/2 ton stakebed. | | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | Jeff I still have the jack that 2-ton was referring to. It Has the same casting numbers that your jack has on it. I got out of a 1946-8 GMC ton & half.It will pickup 5 tons or more.I remember the jacks that Henry put in his F*rds. This is a much better made jack | | |
| |