In the process of doing an off frame restoration on a '58 Apache. Lots of conflicting info as to what is the correct color for the engine.. Blue or Gray. Is either one correct? Also having trouble finding new front engine mounts. Would like to make a trip or two to see a fully restored '58 with an in line 6 . Any ideas as to where I could go to put my eyes on one would be great. Joe58Apache
My 58 panel had a blue 235 in it. I put a 235 from a 57 belaire in it. It was blue. I used 1 coat of the rustoleum and top coat with the GM BLUE. The fan was the original blue. That matched . I think most trucks were grey.
~ BD. "You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker 1958 Apache Stepside 1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel 1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Also having trouble finding new front engine mounts. Joe58Apache
Joe - Which pieces of the front "bird leg" engine mounts are you searching for???
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Right on the codes, but the fact remains that a blue 235 was in my 1958 Panel truck originally. It maybe was assigned a passenger engine. all those codes and colors are based on assumptions. See code chart asterisks.
~ BD. "You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker 1958 Apache Stepside 1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel 1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
I think the most important factor at this point is, unless you're going for Concourse correct, what color you like best. :-) I favor the Alpine green, myself.