The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Still At It, 3800GUY, Bill Hanlon, Otto Skorzeny), 113 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1563932 11/23/2024 6:16 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
Had so much fun on the drivers side thought it is time to do the passenger side
Attachments
IMG_5726.jpeg (234.4 KB, 300 downloads)
IMG_5727.jpeg (222.71 KB, 300 downloads)
IMG_5728.jpeg (206.5 KB, 298 downloads)


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
Update from the pictures from a few days ago .got the floor piece in and made the upper piece as the floor patch does not go that high .Today I had a few hours to put the inner kick panel in ,next is the outer and in between piece that will need a few adjustments . So far I can say the floor patch panel is good up to the battery box corner was a little off but I did not use the corner just the flat top by the box.The inner kick panel is also off the bottom curve has to be smashed and lowered so the ribs line up with the door .
Attachments
IMG_5746.jpeg (230.61 KB, 287 downloads)
IMG_5745.jpeg (222.32 KB, 282 downloads)
IMG_5744.jpeg (276.35 KB, 282 downloads)


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
Only had a little over a hour to mess with this today but I got the infamous inner to outer piece chopped up and looks like it will fit .a little clean up and straightening my adjustments and I think I can weld it in .I did notice that the inner to outer piece is going to get in the way of one of the delux heater holes but I will look at it better when I get closer to welding this in also forgot about the end covers that need to get welded.
Attachments
IMG_5753.jpeg (221.09 KB, 252 downloads)
IMG_5754.jpeg (201.75 KB, 251 downloads)
IMG_5755.jpeg (174.15 KB, 253 downloads)
IMG_5756.jpeg (266.43 KB, 251 downloads)


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Feb 2023
Posts: 103
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Feb 2023
Posts: 103
Looks good Kevin! One step at a time.


1954 Chevy 1300 engine 235 (1959)
1955 (first series) Chevy 3100 engine 261 (1957)
1927 (other brand) Model T- engine 327 (1968)

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,076
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,076
I had to whack up my inner to outer cowl pieces as well. Looks like you did well with yours.

One thing I didn't watch out for is the width at the top. My driver's side is 1/4" wider than the passenger side and affected the fit of the fender. I need to go back and fix that when I get my engine repaired and ready to go back in.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,483
AD Addict & Tinkerer
AD Addict & Tinkerer
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,483
Nice work Kevin. With all of your repairs lately, you should start a Journal in the DITY Gallery forum to keep it all together. We look at that forum to choose new participants in the Project Journal forum, if that is something you’re interested in.

Keep up the great work!

Last edited by Phak1; 11/27/2024 3:32 PM. Reason: Typo

Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
Worked a bit more this am ,cleaned up the inner to outer piece and welded up the slices and tacked it in place .I checked the spacing on the drivers side as Kevin pointed out above and mine is also out a bit (bigger on the drivers side also .I cut the outer piece out to start to fit ,as I was fitting I remembered that the bottom pillar was fixed years ago and decided to cut it out to fix.The pillar is solid but I fixed this over 30 years ago and it was done with brass so the remainder of my time was carefully grinding away the brass /metal patch .
Attachments
IMG_5766.jpeg (297.3 KB, 197 downloads)
IMG_5768.jpeg (219.88 KB, 195 downloads)
IMG_5769.jpeg (288.53 KB, 195 downloads)


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
Cut off the bottom of the pillar to the original piece ,my piece from years ago was overlapped so this one is butt welded , it was a chore getting the brazing cleaned off .Next I am going clean up the welds and rebuild the door hinges before the outer piece is welded to make sure the door fits .
Attachments
IMG_5772.jpeg (236.5 KB, 166 downloads)
IMG_5778.jpeg (205.67 KB, 166 downloads)
IMG_5777.jpeg (262.51 KB, 166 downloads)


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
The last few days I did not have a lot of time but managed to rebuild the door hinges as the door has to come off ,also since the door was off took it apart to replace the outer door trim from painted to stainless .today I decided to go for the outer piece and it went not to bad but had a little mishap with the grinder going off a bit so it will be more work welding the seam.
Attachments
IMG_5804.jpeg (201.69 KB, 136 downloads)
IMG_5806.jpeg (206.01 KB, 137 downloads)
IMG_5796.jpeg (251.27 KB, 136 downloads)
IMG_5784.jpeg (158.09 KB, 135 downloads)

Last edited by klhansen; 12/06/2024 3:13 AM. Reason: removed [img] tag

1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,483
AD Addict & Tinkerer
AD Addict & Tinkerer
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,483
Looking good Kevin. Are you repainting your truck or trying to match the existing finish? Just wondering as I see that you painted the window area where the new SS trim is going.

Last edited by Phak1; 12/06/2024 1:06 PM. Reason: Typo

Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
No a long way from paint. Just put some rust paint under the trim .I want to get the truck rolling and all the bugs out before I think about the paint.


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
Here is we’re it is at. Weather turning cold tomorrow so might be a little bit before I get back at it .Got the door back on with the stainless and window back in fit is good welded and grindered the seam not bad now to fix the inner fender
Attachments
IMG_5832.jpeg (223.59 KB, 97 downloads)
IMG_5825.jpeg (245.93 KB, 93 downloads)
IMG_5827.jpeg (238.07 KB, 92 downloads)


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,316
Weather is now nicer through the holidays so I was able to clean up and do some painting to finish this up .Next is to fix a few spots on the fender and inner fender paint under the fenders and see how they fit back together .
Attachments
IMG_5856.jpeg (239.52 KB, 65 downloads)
IMG_5857.jpeg (253.56 KB, 65 downloads)


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0