Hey Davect06607, You are not far from 64lwbstepside, Fran... REAL great Guy,he,s in Monroe. Got a running 235 from Him a couple years back,Great engine! All the best, steve sr.
Oh Ever hopeful! That's pretty awful. Was the body shop insured to at least help with the cost of the Dynacorn reproduction cab? Saw your post about the trim in Paint & Body Shop.
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804 "Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship In the Gallery "Success comes in 'cans' ..."
Hello all. I’m from Wading River with a 1950 3100. I’ve had it for about 10 years. Bought it as a basket case from the insurance crash and salvage auction. It was caught in the flooding from hurricane Sandy. Took about 3-4 years to get done. I store the truck in a 8x20 shipping container I have in my yard. I have an idea for a little art project. I would like to pickup a pair of front fenders and a hood. Any condition. I have my old front bumper, headlite buckets and headlite trim and a grill. I’m figuring on just using the front 15-20 inches of the fenders and hood. I want to assemble the nose of the truck on a piece of plywood and mount that on the side of the container. It’s just an idea. If I can find the fenders and hood locally in any condition (actually the rougher the better) it may work out pretty kool. 😀
Bicounty, Nice looking truck! Just a suggestion, but you should post an ad in the Truck Parts Wanted forum for what you seek. If you want to keep the search local, just let folks know that in your post. Fellow NE Bolters should be able to try and help you find what you want.
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
👍 Thank you. I will try to move it over to parts wanted. There’s a Joe Walsh song- Analog Man. That’s me. I can do darn near anything with my hands but my brain just ain’t wired for the computer stuff. I’m lucky I have a 10 year old smart [censored] living right next door to me. We’ll figure it out.
I might be driving down to northern NJ soon to visit an uncle. He is not in good health and would like to see my 66 C10. I figure on my ay back I could swing across LI and take the ferry back.