The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (55shaker, 1946chevytruck, Otto Skorzeny, Wayne67vert, Wheelie, Shaffer's1950, 1955 1 Series, 1 invisible), 119 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,605
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#156005 03/01/2005 3:02 AM
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 272
I
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 272
Hey guys,
Just about 1 month ago i bought a Craftsman 60 gallon upright compressor. I have been using it some and recently when I took apart the fittings to add a filter I noticed the teflon tape had all turned yellow. So I thought "well, with no filter perhaps some of the dirt and stuff in the air is getting on the tape." After some use with the filter in place I noticed that on the output side of the filter I have some liquid that when I touched seemed to be oil. First off should't the filter catch this? Second why is this oil being sent out of my NEW compressor and through the hose.

Is this normal? Have you heard of anything like this?

I followed the break in procedures for the compressor to the letter. There have been a few times where I have used it with the sander and it has run for a while but it has never quit or done anything really weird other than this.

Any comments?


Don't you know who I think I am?
I've been thinkin' about freaking out. If I could just find the time.
http://community.webshots.com/user/ifrizlfri
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 265
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 265
Have you checked the oil level in the compressor? I have noticed that mine will build up a pretty good load of water under heavy use and in the clear water separator it looks a kind of pukey yellow. On mine, I also replaced the drain plug in the bottom of the tank with an elbow and a short nipple with a ball valve so I can drain the tank often.


Moderated by  MNSmith 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0