The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (WICruiser, Gray_Ghost, Bill Hanlon, Nick in Manitou), 125 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,269
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 76
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 76
I applied a coat of sealer because I was afraid of a few burn throughs and filler showing up in the base coat. I also thought it would be good practice prior to the base. When I applied the sealer it instantly revealed a few spots I missed on the prep work. Am I able to just sand the sealer with 220 grit, apply icing, work my way through the sanding grits, and re-shoot with sealer? Or do I need to go with 80 grit to bare metal? Will the sealer easily blend in? It's a primer sealer if that means anything. Thanks as always.

Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,989
7
'Bolter
'Bolter
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,989
If you prepared the metal/finish properly before you sprayed the primer sealer you will be fine with sand, body work, filler, reprime with the same type of primer sealer. If you have fresh enamel in the area you can't use a lacquer product over the enamel. If you have fresh lacquer in the area, you can shoot enamel over it with very little fear.


1957 Chevrolet 5700 LCF 283 SM420 2 speed rear, 1955 IH 300U T/A, 1978 Corvette 350 auto, 1978 Yamaha DT175, 1999 Harley Davidson Softail Fat Boy

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0