The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (rfs56trk, tclederman, Gdads51, Wally / Montana, 39Master85, ndkid275), 100 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,376
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1558346 09/19/2024 7:59 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
Has any gotten a replacement 3100 bumper from either Brothers or LMC? Can't find anyone in the Chicagoland area to rechrome my old one.


1949 3100
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,074
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,074
I bought a replacement rear bumper from the Filling Station (I believe they all come from the same supplier). I was not impressed by the quality. It was mild steel instead of spring steel like the original ones, and had sharp edges instead of radiused edges like the original bumpers have. The chrome plating looks shiny, but who knows how it will last. It's been on the truck for about a month or so.
Shipping one to a chrome shop and back shouldn't be near as expensive for you as for me from Alaska. Or maybe a road trip to a plater is in order. I'm seeing one in Rock Island. That's only 4 hours away.
I think you'd be happier with a rechrome of your old bumper.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,828
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,828
Ya, the EPA has forced a lot of local chrome plating places to close. Bumper Boys sends all their work to Mexico.

Send your original to S & H Chrome Plating in Tennessee./ You'll get a top quality job. Theyu straighten it and do all the bodywork on it for you. The last time I used them it was about 12 week wait.

615-865-0100


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
Yes I have heard that from others. I'll keep looking for a chrome shop. Thanks


1949 3100
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 47
Thanks for the referral.


1949 3100

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0