| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (klhansen, 32Fordpuchoptop, FAST55, Jon G, Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series, Stovebolt48),
109
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,120 Posts1,056,319 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,281 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,281 | I disassembled the front motor mount to clean it up and inspect for wear. It was in surprisingly good condition. The original tin oil shield was in perfect condition and the rubber was not oil soaked as most of them are. There was plenty of hard oil-soaked grime on the outside of the mount, but none got inside. I went to remove the rubber and it wouldn't pop out. It appears to have been vulcanized in place. I had to destroy it to get it out. Not an easy task at all. Does anyone know if these mounts were originally vulcanized in place? In retrospect, I wish that I would have checked the clearance before I destroyed the rubber. I had a new replacement rubber in hand and was on autopilot to rebuild a front mount.
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | |
| |
| |