The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (TUTS 59, Shade Baby, Bill Hanlon, papas52, Hotrod Lincoln, tclederman, 1 invisible), 119 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,313
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 2,465
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Online: Content
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 2,465
Another 'Bolter put up a link to an electric vehicle and while I was looking at it this one popped up in YouTube's "other videos to watch" list on the right side of the page. You HiPo guys may have already seen it, but if not you need to take a look.


'57 GMC 102, Original 347 V8, HydraMatic, 3.08 rear gear, added A/C, disk front brakes, HEI, AFB carb, '98 Honda Black Currant paint. T-boned and totaled 10/12
'52 GMC 152 Stake Bed, Original 228, SM420, added A/C, HEI, disk front brakes, '67 Chev 3.55 rear gear. Gets used as a real truck.
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Bill -- That's a truly fascinating build ...


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,409
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Online: Content
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,409
Very interesting. Lots of thought and dollars involved involved in that project. I'd like to know what that build cost. I would guess 100k plus.

John

Last edited by Peggy M; 07/07/2024 5:57 PM.

~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,242
Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator)
Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator)
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,242
Whether you like the direction they went with it or think it is "worth the money", it was a performance build with the dyno data to back it up.


From the Rocky Mountains?
Check in with the RM Bolters!
HiPo Forum Moderator

1958 Task Force Truck
"Frank" gets a new lease on life
Follow in the DITY Gallery
1959 3200 Task Force
The Ballad of Enkidu
The Saga in the DITY Gallery ~ and the story continues
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 892
1
'Bolter
'Bolter
1 Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 892
So I wonder, since he had one Wayne reproduction cast what's to stop a production run of those heads. I know they were expensive back in the day but manufacturing technology has come a long way since then. We could bolt on a lot of horsepower. Of course somebody (not me) would have to come up with manifolds. Of course a swap to a 230/250 isn't that difficult...


1951 3800 1-ton
"Earning its keep from the get-go"
In the DITY Gallery
1962 261 (w/cam, Fenton headers, 2 carbs, MSD ign.), SM420 & Brown-Lipe 6231A 3spd aux. trans, stock axles & brakes. Owned since 1971.
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
I think you could still get a Howard's version if you ask nice enough. If I could only remember who bought out Arias. CP Carrillo?

I finally had a chance to watch that video. I noticed that head has angle plugs compared to mine which has straight plugs. Makes me curious what the chamber looks like. I also didn't see how they plumbed the oil for the rocker shaft. On my version, the external line comes up from the main galley, elbows in to the head, then elbows over to the shaft.

I also noticed all that pretty, and they could've o-ringed the valve cover instead of a cork gasket squeezing out the sides. The throttle bodies were o-ringed.

I don't/won't have an intake plenum. So, hopefully, I can get away with just the TPS, the temp sensors and the O2 sensors reading the output. Unless somebody can suggest a way to read the air pressure or flow.

Neat stuff, though.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,076
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,076
In fixing something, I came across Bill's old "YT rat hole" post. (Old? Well, a year and one month old.) The video Bill was talking about was titled, "Incredible Twin Turbo Chevrolet Straight Six is a One-of-a-Kind Creation!" .. maybe that'll get more reaction to those who may not have wanted to click "that like button" or in this case, just click. That's a pretty Stovebolt Six in any case. Shiney! grin

Definitely a HiPo thread. wink


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,805
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,805
That looks a lot like what I'm building in a shade tree shop in south central Tennessee- - - - - -except I'll be using mostly "off the shelf" parts instead of going with the "There's no substitute for cubic dollars" approach. My engine will have a longer stroke, and displace around 300 cubic inches. I still believe I can make a twin cam 24 valve cylinder head from an Atlas six work with a stovebolt block. For a somewhat less radical approach, the forged steel camshaft for a 216 can be reground to work with roller lifters for a MOPAR big block V8. It's also possible to put roller bearings into stock stovebolt rocker arms if one chooses to stay with the original cylinder head design.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 217
V
'Bolter
'Bolter
V Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 217
Great to watch that video...brings back many memories of days long ago. When Keith and his brother were starting out in Concord in an old service station, they did a 440 Mopar for me from what was brand new 67 GTX. My GTX was "bad to the bone". Great memories from Keith and Randy...RIP Randy.


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0