The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (kbenz, Gib70, 52Carl, Otto Skorzeny, Rusty Heaps), 155 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,238
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1545028 04/25/2024 11:58 AM
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,964
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,964
My flex fit hose that I use for my lower rad hose is too
thick to get a clamp around the engine lower coolant port .
The alt bracket is right there. I am looking for a molded hose to fit.

What hose for a 327 + 1959 radiator?


~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,382
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,382
I have typically gone to the parts store and searched through their inventory to find a hose that works or can be modified (cut off) to work. It is pretty hard to find a recommendation by part number for a vehicle, engine, radiator combination that was not mass produced.


1949/50 3600 Project
Follow in Project Journals
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,817
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,817
Or piece toge3ther parts of hoses with cpvc plumbing pipe for the angles, bends, etc.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,964
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,964
Originally Posted by WICruiser
I have typically gone to the parts store and searched through their inventory to find a hose that works or can be modified (cut off) to work. It is pretty hard to find a recommendation by part number for a vehicle, engine, radiator combination that was not mass produced.
Tried that, the orielys is lacking. thanks!


~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Originally Posted by Guitplayer
Tried that, the orielys is lacking. thanks!

You need to find an old NAPA and ask if you can look through their hose rack for something that looks right. If your old flex hose is permanently shaped the way you need it to fit, take it with you.

Have you looked at reworking the alt bracket so the hose fits? Your in custom work territory whenever you mix and match parts...you need to think outside the box!

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,964
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,964
Thanks Mike, I did think of bringing the flex hose as it is shaped to what I need from being there
for so long.
Reworking the bracket would be a no go. I have 2 clamps on it now, but neither suit me.
If I find a good one fit cut to fit or otherwise Ill lt you guys know. I hoped someone out there had already.. enough to get me close.
1 3/4 ID


~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy Guitplayer, my Dayco catalogue lists their part number 70277 as the lower radiator hose for a 1958 V8, the 327 didn't come out until 1962, but it should use the same hose as the 283 that was the stock V8, hope that helps.

Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,964
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,964
I`ll try. It looks close


~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,964
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,964
I found a gates/dayco cross that worked well with some cutoff. Gates Coolant Hose | GAT 20345

Last edited by Guitplayer; 04/27/2024 10:19 PM.

~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,964
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,964
Hose and where I had to cut. Fit
Attachments
hose.JPG (147.42 KB, 45 downloads)
hose.JPG2.JPG (159.38 KB, 45 downloads)


~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,242
Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator)
Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator)
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,242
What front drive set is that? It looks sharp.


From the Rocky Mountains?
Check in with the RM Bolters!
HiPo Forum Moderator

1958 Task Force Truck
"Frank" gets a new lease on life
Follow in the DITY Gallery
1959 3200 Task Force
The Ballad of Enkidu
The Saga in the DITY Gallery ~ and the story continues
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,964
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,964
Thanks. Thats a www.cvfracing.com/chevy/small-block-chevy-283-302-327-305-350-400/ No more mickey mouse belts.
Attachments
2e2.jpg (189.01 KB, 48 downloads)


~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Online: Content
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
Originally Posted by Guitplayer
Hose and where I had to cut. Fit

Nice work!
When I am doing custom work like this, as soon as I get to the auto parts store, I ask them if I can go in the back to find a hose which has a section which matches what I need. I arm myself with the diameter needed and a piece of wire with bends in it to match the hose I need.


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,964
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,964
Yep. I did do that. My local store is not well supplied. Or helpful. I chuckle when they ask.."what year?"
Thanks!


~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,964
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,964
Originally Posted by Fibonachu
What front drive set is that? It looks sharp.
I also put that same system on my 58.
Attachments
beltr.JPG (215.32 KB, 21 downloads)
beltrti.JPG (218.89 KB, 21 downloads)


~ BD.
"You won't find me in an old folks home" Pioneer Florida Cracker
1958 Apache Stepside
1958 Apache 1/2 ton Panel
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Panel

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0