The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (jay d, Donf, UtahYork, 1 invisible), 103 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,633
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2024
Posts: 89
3
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Jan 2024
Posts: 89
I have been requested to put carpet in the '57. A carpet kit was purchased from Stock Interiors. The old vinyl/rubber has been removed. Any suggestions on how to fasten the carpet in? I have installed carpet as replacement in other vehicles. Some use spray adhesive, some with screws and concave washers, and others with lift-the-dot fasteners. Any recommendations? Also, how is the carpet edge finished at the door? I believe this carpet will come in without any binding. I will be contacting S.I.. They may help? Is there a metal finishing strip available from somewhere? Or do I need to bind it myself? Which leads me to the opening in the floor to access the master cylinder. Screws or L-T-D fasteners. Again, suggestions? Thanks to all!


1957 3100, 235 with 4 speed floor shift
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 430
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 430
I only put strips of metal at steps. And just laid it in. The seat holds it enough and it’s easy to get out if I need to work on something. And when something like a window got left down and I want to dry it faster. I would not do adhesive as nothing is worse than trying to get up that when you need to.

Joined: Jan 2024
Posts: 89
3
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Jan 2024
Posts: 89
Thanks! I may try some Velcro as well. I appreciate the feedback!


1957 3100, 235 with 4 speed floor shift

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0