Ok, so new here, have a question. Rebuilding a 1950 Chevy 3100 and it came with inner door window trim rings off. They have a handful of screw holes in them and am not sure how the get attached to the door, there are no screw holes in the door though. I did buy new window channels that are plastic and felt. Do these actually screw or rivet to the plastic window channel inserts or am I missing something or are they the wrong trim rings?
Last edited by Peggy M; 02/15/20247:56 PM. Reason: adjust title
Can you post pictures of the inner trim and your door? I can check my 1950 3100 in the morning. I know it should be a few Phillips head screws that hold it. And I'm guessing pre-drilled in the door itself. Hopefully an expert will confirm this. See attached picture to confirm inner trim piece. Todd
My door has screw holes for the inside trim screws but it also has all the window related seal material removed for paint/refurbishing. Is it possible that the screw holes are being hidden by the window seal?
Lay the trim in place. Get a flashlight, look through the screw hole. The screws go pretty far up in there. Sometimes, I'll use an awl to locate the hole and try to duplicate the awl angle when I go to install the screw.
Thanks all for the replies, I finally went out there and looked at in the daylight and now I see the screw holes. Makes more sense now 🥴 I will add a photo to my original post too…
I use a 4" length of 1/16" steel tig wire as a guide to figure out what angle I need to start the screws. Tig wire is very straight and very stiff which helps for maneuvering the trim to match the alignment with the hole.
Last edited by 52Carl; 02/16/20241:57 AM.
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission