The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (delwrench, UtahYork, 1 invisible), 149 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,077
Posts1,056,280
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 61
Ok, so new here, have a question. Rebuilding a 1950 Chevy 3100 and it came with inner door window trim rings off. They have a handful of screw holes in them and am not sure how the get attached to the door, there are no screw holes in the door though. I did buy new window channels that are plastic and felt. Do these actually screw or rivet to the plastic window channel inserts or am I missing something or are they the wrong trim rings?
Attachments
0E92AACD-ADC9-421A-98F3-B830652B7407.jpeg (162.02 KB, 83 downloads)
Found the holes

Last edited by Peggy M; 02/15/2024 7:56 PM. Reason: adjust title
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 666
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 666
Can you post pictures of the inner trim and your door?
I can check my 1950 3100 in the morning. I know it should be a few Phillips head screws that hold it.
And I'm guessing pre-drilled in the door itself. Hopefully an expert will confirm this.
See attached picture to confirm inner trim piece.
Todd
Attachments
Screenshot_20240214_215358_Gallery.jpg (116.05 KB, 118 downloads)

Last edited by Shaffer's1950; 02/15/2024 5:56 AM.

1950 Chevy 3100
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,384
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,384
My door has screw holes for the inside trim screws but it also has all the window related seal material removed for paint/refurbishing. Is it possible that the screw holes are being hidden by the window seal?


1949/50 3600 Project
Follow in Project Journals
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 61
That trim looks just like mine but I don’t see where on the door it screws to, does it screw to the replacement channel?

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
Lay the trim in place. Get a flashlight, look through the screw hole. The screws go pretty far up in there. Sometimes, I'll use an awl to locate the hole and try to duplicate the awl angle when I go to install the screw.

Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 61
Thanks all for the replies, I finally went out there and looked at in the daylight and now I see the screw holes. Makes more sense now 🥴 I will add a photo to my original post too…

Last edited by dogdaddy; 02/15/2024 7:45 PM.
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 666
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 666
Ok, see pictures attached. 7 screws. 2 left 2 right and 3 top.
Todd

All good, you got it now!
Attachments
20240215_113944.jpg (188.07 KB, 83 downloads)
20240215_114009.jpg (288.73 KB, 84 downloads)
20240215_113541.jpg (403.38 KB, 79 downloads)

Last edited by Peggy M; 02/15/2024 7:56 PM.

1950 Chevy 3100
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 61
Appreciate the response, I did find the holes. And posted pics of mine. Do you happen to know what size those screws are?

Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 666
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 666
Dogdaddy, I do not know the size. Hopefully someone will let you know.
Todd

Last edited by Peggy M; 02/15/2024 10:24 PM.

1950 Chevy 3100
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,318
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,318
Looks like all the vendors sell them.
Attachments
IMG_4951.png (590.13 KB, 50 downloads)


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,282
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,282
I use a 4" length of 1/16" steel tig wire as a guide to figure out what angle I need to start the screws.
Tig wire is very straight and very stiff which helps for maneuvering the trim to match the alignment with the hole.

Last edited by 52Carl; 02/16/2024 1:57 AM.

1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
I believe the OEM screw was a #8 size. If you need to go up a size because of wallered out holes, they do make a #10 screw with a #8 head.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0