I have a pair of Guide 4-5/8 fog lamps stamped 2004-A that I would like to install on my truck. If I understand correctly, these would be correct as an accessory for a 47 gmc, correct? Has anybody here taken these apart before? The wiring is suspect and I would like to replace it. I have no idea how they mount to the vehicle. There are no bulbs in them so I will need those. Not sure what bulbs to get. Any pics or links would be greatly appreciated. The truck had fog lights which have been removed previously and it was not this pair, hence my question on mounting. Thanks
1947.2 GMC 1/2T SWB panel 1947.2 GMC 1/2T long bed 1948 GMC 1/2T short bed
I think I found the 6V bulbs at Chevs of the 40's. Any tips on taking these apart to put new wires on? I gather the bulbs would be clear and not yellow, correct? How do these mount securely? Does anybody have a couple of pics of theirs? Are these correct for the 47 model year? Most likely aftermarket as I do not recall seeing these as a factory option. Maybe dealer installed. I also have a pair of yellow lights that are a little bigger @ 5 3/4". I was thinking of using them but they seem a little big.
1947.2 GMC 1/2T SWB panel 1947.2 GMC 1/2T long bed 1948 GMC 1/2T short bed
Twin Jimmy's, I think since your topic involves lighting it may get better responses in the Electrical Bay so I've moved it over there for further help and conversation.
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
I don’t have the lights, but my 46 grain truck still has the original mounting arms on the front bumper. It will be a day or two before I can get a picture.
Don
1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck "The Flag Pole" In the Stovebolt Gallery 1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!