The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (MNSmith, Peggy M, wilbur53, 5 Window 9434), 108 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,465
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 96
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 96
I followed the advice that I received in an earlier post here at Stovebolt and decided not to remove leaf springs to lower my Suburban and soften the ride. I did a google a couple months ago and thought I found a few companies offering dropped axles. Now I can't find them. I did a search within Stovebolt and there was a post that referenced Patricks for a drop kit for the 53 Chevy pickups. I can't find anything about them. Can anyone here direct me to a couple of companies and their website for dropped axle kits? Has anyone here completed this type of modification? What was the results?

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 120
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 120
mor-drop can drop your stock axle its about 400$, I cant remember the name f the company that makes one but5 i have the info at home i will right you when i get it

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 96
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 96
Has any one found another source yet? I have called Mor Drop and only get voice mail. I have left a couple of messages, but no return call.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,904
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,904
My '48 defines the phrase "Rides like a truck." At least the seat is high enough that I am almost standing up. But then again, my springs are concave up.


1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet

34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 96
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 96
For others that were looking for an answer to the question about a drop axle. I received my December issue of Classic Trucks. Page 36 is an ad for Classic performance parts. They list a new addition to their line of products. A 3" drop straight axle for 1947 - 1959 Chevy trucks smile . To soften the ride I'll use mono leafs. Good luck to all and thanks for those who responded.

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 104
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 104
I just got a call from patricks ,my mono leafs will be delivered this week, I will install them on my 51, 3100 next weekend,I will keep you posted on how it all turns out.old navy 51................

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 96
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 96
Old Navy, Did you replace front and rear? What was the cost?

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 104
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 104
I bought the kit from patricks. it has monoleafs for the front ,also new shocks for the front, plus new shackle and bushing kit for the front. for the rear they provide a two inch lowering block kit ,complete package, $500.00.he also has mono leafs for the rear at $440.00 a pair. Patricks 1-520-836-1117. old navy 51..................

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
Hey cool on the Patricks kit.
On the monoleafs AND a drop axle I think you will end up awful low as you would be dropping it like 6 inches that way. You would do either or. People get the drop axle when they decide the monoleaf is not enough drop for them. Here in the Bay Area is a shop that does drop axles on the premises and has for dozens of years. The metal is heated to like 1700 degrees to make the bends I was told once.
If there are lowriders around your area you might have such shops too.


54 3100 with 235
62 flatbed dump C60 with 261

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0