The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (tclederman, DadsFirstPickup, 59 fleet, IHPWR, Ponchogl), 102 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1502983 05/31/2023 4:43 PM
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,652
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,652
Had this right on the top of my head, yea sure I did, lol. I am sure I knew it at one time but not now and for whatever reason, I never wrote it down. Would anyone happen to know the correct size woodruff keys to use on a 56-62 235/261 cam and crank?


Mike
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,450
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,450
Dragsix Well I can't really bring it up either,have an ancient drawer full of those that goes back to my predecessors stash from the forties. Have a new cam out there just have to look. Hadn't even thought of woodruff in years,the kids wont know that one !!

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,886
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,886
Dragsix,

Here is a previous conversation on "woodruff" keys that I think has the basic answer to your question.

Also, this Common Item Page provides the dimensions for the various common "woodruff" keys used for your application.

If you use the info from the above thread:

Originally Posted by tclederman
If a person who needs that woodruff key does not have a woodruff key, Denny, what part-number or dimensions would you send them (send me) with when they go to their FLAPS/etc?

one possibility?:
Width-3/16(.188) In., Length-47/64(.728) In., Height-19/64(.301) In

another possibility?:
Length in Inches--3/4
Width in Inches--3/16

??

It appears the one you may be looking for is GM# 106751 (see screenshot below).

Listed as available from all kinds of vendors online. Best price I found in a short search was from the Filling Station.

Hope this helps.

Dan
Attachments


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,652
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,652
Many thanks! I ordered a pair and will wait to see if they fit or not. I really appreciate the help. My youngest son decided he wants to build an inline six for his 57. I have one last 261 block and nearly everything else to put it together, except for those pesky keys, lol.

Last edited by Dragsix; 06/01/2023 3:19 PM.

Mike
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,886
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,886
Just a note that from what I saw in the Master Parts list, you need "3" of them critters.

1 for cam gear, 1 for crank gear, and 1 for the crank damper.

Should have mentioned that in my other reply.

Sorry! frown

Dan


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0