| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,080 Posts1,056,291 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#14968 09/24/2004 11:50 PM | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 58 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 58 | I know, here we go again. For some of you old hands this is elementary. But I cannot find a clutch for this setup The clutch in my truck was 10'' and the clutch from the S10 pickup I got the trans from is 9'' with a center opening of 1'' w/ 14 teeth I think I should be able to use the existing presure plate and throw out bearing if I could find a clutch that is 10'' w/ 1''opening and 14 teeth. Or a complete new clutch package I don't care I just want to drive my truck again. Does anyone have any part #'s so I can go to the auto parts store and get rolling.
Thanks Tony | | |
#14969 09/25/2004 12:20 AM | Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 252 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 252 | I was researching this swap for my '61 before I accquired a BorgWarner O/D to bolt in. I seem to recall that the clutch disc/plate from a 70's vintage chevy Vega was one of the options. I'm sure others will weigh in with other options as well. HTH | | |
#14970 09/25/2004 1:44 AM | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 62 Member | | Member Joined: May 2004 Posts: 62 | Tony,
Look at an 82-84 S10/S15 2.8L. Clutch is 9 11/16" x 14spl. x 1". NAPA part No. RCF-4201. Will work with your exisiting pressure plate and throwout bearing.
Also take a look at the length of the input bearing retainer (the snout) that the throwout bearing rides on. Mine was long (trans will not mate to the bellhousing) and had to shorten it up. If so, remove it carefully and cut off on a lathe. Any machine shop should be able to do this. Use the length of the one off of the transmisson you removed as a guide. Measure before cutting! The input shaft its self is fine.
47 Fleetmaster, Hotrod 6, 5 Speed 50 Sedan Delivery, 327, 5 Speed
| | |
#14971 09/26/2004 1:11 AM | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | Tony, hotrod as usual is right on the money, I have a 84 s-10 clutch, 2.8 in my 235, also 85 blazer rear and I believe an 88 s-10 five speed, been in over yr and half,no problem,runs real good..Fred Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | |
#14972 09/27/2004 8:44 PM | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 58 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 58 | Thanks guys i went to napa and ordered the part sat. It will be here by tues. Thanks | | |
| |
| |