The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1480289 12/24/2022 8:35 PM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 108
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 108
It's been well over a year since I tried to access the NAPCO owners (napco4x4.org) site. Today I found that this domain seems to have been taken over by some other organization. Does anyone know if the NAPCO site still exists?


1958 Chevrolet 3600 NAPCO 4x4 Apache
"Calvin"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
It appears most of the Napco action is on the Facebook now. Google is your friend.


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,660
B
Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,660
It began in Yahoo Groups, then moved to the website and now the new generation has it on Facebook.
I'm not allowed in because I'm not a Facebook member but my guess is that any old technical info is gone.
All I can see is member's photo albums.


"Adding CFM to a truck will only help at engine speeds you don't want to use."
"I found there was nothing to gain beyond 400 CFM."
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 228
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 228
https://www.facebook.com/NAPCO4x4 Find someone with an account. This is the NAPCO link

Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
The Facebook version is nowhere as good as the original site in terms of technical information, parts, etc. But it is interesting at times. My opinion only. I'm guessing the original site died a natural death because of a lack of participation/members. Unfortunately, some really good technical articles/submissions are lost, probably forever.
don

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,074
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,074
I sent Napco Man an email to see if he has any info he can share.

smile


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 456
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 456
I have no scoop about the old site, but I know that one of the most active members lived in California and lost everything he had in one of those famous fires out there a couple years ago. He lost his pubs as well. I own a couple NAPCO’s now, but I’m no longer on my all-encompassing quest for knowledge. I’ll help out where I can, but I’ve forgotten a lot of what I picked up over the years. It’s a shame that new NAPCO owners don’t have a reliable source to turn to.

Take care,
George

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
I am (too) active on FB. I joined the NAPCO group, and as others mentioned it is a discussion forum. Lots of members trucks photos and some build threads. But not very much technical knowledge shared.
Jeff Bradshaw on ElderlyIron on YouTube is doing a series on repairing and rebuilding a Spicer 23 Transfer Case.


youtu.be/vWeNrnqu0gY

Last edited by Justhorsenround; 01/15/2023 6:14 PM. Reason: Removed embedded video.

Professional Novice

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0