| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,175 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 37 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 37 | I finished my 51 6400 a couple of months ago and took her for a 1800 mile test drive. The family and I went to the California central coast from arizona by way of New mexico, Utah and Nevada. Mind you that this was all with a 28ft 1967 silver streak travel trailor in tow. Below sea leavle to over 9000ft in elivation with no major problems. I have some pics, and as soon as I figure out how to get the into the computer I will post them.
1951 6400 1954 6100 dump 2 1962 IHC scouts
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Sounds like a great drive! Two years ago I took my 52 1 ton on a 8,000 mile test drive. I enjoyed the part you just did. Especially the Nevada and into CA part. And at 50 MPH you can see lots of scenery... | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | I went through the Grand Canyon and also through Tioga pass in CA, did you? Grigg | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | Originally posted by Grigg: I went through the Grand Canyon .... in yer truck?!!? Bill | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Well beside is a better word. Or through the area. Or through that spot on the map... | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | Oh yeah, Lets see this trip, on pictures. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 37 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 37 | We saw the Grand Canyon and I am pretty sure we went over every pass in the west since we stayed off of the interstates as much as posible. It was hot and slow but very fun none the less. we went to the petrefied forest and a bus load of french people got out and gathered around my rig and were shooting pics so I got a pic of them gathering around with cameras poised, glory shot ya know.
1951 6400 1954 6100 dump 2 1962 IHC scouts
| | |
| |
| |